Monday, February 27, 2017

Spell of the Sensuous chapter 7 response

A drawing of the air around me 30 min: graphite on paper

"Air is the most pervasive presence I can name, enveloping, embracing, and caressing me both inside and out, moving in ripples along my skin, flowing between my fingers, swirling around my arms and thighs, rolling in eddies along the roof of my mouth, slipping ceaselessly through throat and trachea to fill the lungs, to feed my blood, my heart, my self." Page 225.

This is a self-portrait on a base level, but the idea of spatial existence is deconstructed. Although it is a drawing of myself from life, it is more focused on the visual perception of self and how visual information is essentially just a sensory reading of proportional, physical, and biological indicators.

No comments:

Post a Comment