Sunday, October 30, 2016

Currently Untitled

process

process

process

final piece
Once while I was at work, an older woman walked through the door, looked directly into my eyes and told me that I was Native American. She then informed me that she was a past-life reader. I have no Native American descent, however this anomaly seemed to work its way into my subconscious. I was recently reading about how some have observed the Native American culture's tendency to addiction (alcoholism to be specific.) It is believed that this is a generational or traditional progression of European settlers who introduced these tribes to strong spirits as a possible means of sinister advantage to negotiation. These settlers also modeled a lifestyle of alcohol abuse which the Natives seemed to emulate.

I wouldn't consider this piece a full-blown self portrait, but maybe a perceptive portrait?

No comments:

Post a Comment