Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sobriety Shit Space


process
process

process
process


Finished Piece
Hurricane Mathew recently struck Haiti and then rode from the eastern coast of Florida up to North Carolina. Living in coastal Saint Augustine, Florida, I was forced to evacuate. In this week, my typical routine was disrupted and it forced me into an investigative headspace that made me realize that this routine was subconsciously becoming a device. In a lot of ways this routine was helping me block a lot of shit looming that would not be comfortable for me to address with myself.

After returning to see the catastrophe that Matthew caused it seems as though the air had changed. Many that I know, including one of my closest friends, had lost possessions, living space, and routine. This forced me even further into this analytical space. I came to new understandings. Many of these were bleak, negative but very present realizations about myself and the world I live in. 

I think many of my thoughts from this past week have influenced the process in which I work as well as the subject matter and thoughts behind my most recent subseries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment